Merry Christmas everybody! (5 days late but it's better late than never!) I hope you all had a great time and have a fab new year!
I've done it again, forgot to update my blog...for 4 MONTHS!!! Last time i posted, i told you that i had recieved confirmation about my wheelchair and that it was on its way. Well, i finally recieved it on 13th October and i LOVE it!! It took me about a week to get used to driving it, i've never driven a front wheel drive wheelchair before and they told me it could take a while to get used to. I've been driving it for almost 3 months now and i dont think i will ever want to drive a rear wheel drive again! Everything is so much easier in this chair and it is so much more manouverable, i can easily drive and turn in small spaces, it's great! I'm still getting used to the standing function, they told me to take it slowly as i've never stood before. The first time i stood up, it felt really weird, i had to sit down after a few minutes but now i can manage around half an hour! It feels so good to be able to stand up, it allows me to stretch my legs and my hips and it just feels great!
Healthwise, i haven't been too good lately, i had the flu about 2 weeks ago. I went to see the G.P because i had a really bad sore throat, fever and was really tired (my usual G.P wasn't there so i had to see a different dr), he examined me and said that i had the flu. The G.P that i normally see, gives me antibiotics straight away but this one said "the flu is caused by a virus so antibiotics won't work". So i went home with his advise to drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest. This was on the Monday and on the Wednesday i had an appointment at the hospital for my 6-monthly check-up with my respiratory consultant and my neuromuscular consultant. By the time i got to the hospital i was still feeling ill and had started coughing up green stuff. As soon as my Dr's seen me they weren't happy that my G.P hadn't put me on antibiotics and they prescribed me some straight away. They explained to me that even if it is a virus, i still need antibiotics because i don't have much "respiratory back-up" so if it did turn bacterial it would turn nasty very quickly. I started my antibiotics as soon as i got home and i improved every day. They want to see me again in 3 months. I was worried that i might have been poorly for Christmas but i wasn't!
I had a good Christmas and ate so much food! I spent Christmas at home with my mum and my grandparents. I got lots of presents, my mum bought me the new Manchester United shirt! We didn't go out much over Christmas because we had so much snow! It's finally gone now, i just hope it doesn't come back!
I hope you all had a good Christmas and have a fab 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment